FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT PART 1
FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT PART 1
Duration: 12 Months Online
What is FRM Part 1?
Financial Risk Manager Part 1 Certification is the first level of qualification within FRM certification program.
We offer online FRM Part 1 training that gives liberty to professionals to study risk management and finance related topics towards attaining FRM Part 1 certification from the comfort of their home.
FRM Part 1 Certification Benefits
· Number one credential for Risk Management Professionals
· Differentiates one from non-credential peers providing competitive advantage with colleagues, clients and prospective employers
· Opportunity to network with best finance risk professionals in the world, (an elite group of over 26,000 FRMs from 110 countries)
· High demanding career to become Chief Risk Officer, Senior Risk Analyst, Head of Operational Risk, and Director, Investment Risk Management etc.
· Strong fundamentals in risk management and adherence to the highest levels of ethical conduct.
Any graduate who wants to make their career in the risk management domain are the ideal participants for FRM® Part 1 certification.
About FRM Part 1 Certification
Financial Risk Manager or FRM certification is offered by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP®).
FRM certification program consists of two levels of exam: FRM Part 1 and FRM Part 2 exam. FRM Part 1 exam is the first level of qualification. It is a 4 hour exam consisting of 100 multiple choice questions.
Understand the types of risks, identify risk management tools and implement the same in real life scenarios for better risk management in the finance sector.
Who should attend?
FRM program is suitable for:
· Career changers (non-risk professionals) to gain broader professional expertise and to make a career change into the finance risk profession
<p style="" text-align:justify;text-indent:-.25in"="">· Students who want to enter the finance risk profession
FRM Exam Pre-requisites
There are no educational or professional prerequisites for attempting the FRM Exam.
However to get FRM certification, one needs to show a minimum of two years of professional full-time work experience in the area of financial risk management or another related field including, but not limited to trading, portfolio management, faculty academic, industry research, economics, auditing, risk consulting, and/or risk technology.
Candidates have 5 years, from the date of passing the FRM Exam, to get their work experience verified.
If one fails to provide this information within the 5 year time frame, the candidate needs to retake the FRM Exam in order to become a FRM certification holder.
FRM Exam Format
FRM certification exam is pencil and paper exam offered in two parts, conducted twice a year in May and November.
Duration Format Session
Part I 4 hours 100 Multiple Choice Questions Morning
Part II 4 hours 80 Multiple Choice Questions Afternoon
A candidate can sit for individual part or both the parts in a single day. But one need to pass Part 1 to get his Part 2 exam graded. There is no negative marking.
Exam results are pass/fail and are released via email approximately six weeks after the Exam is administered.
Candidates are provided with quartile results that enable them to see how they scored on specific areas relative to other candidates.
Fees Schedule for May 2014 Exam (in US $)
Enrolment Fee Exam Fee Total Fees
Early Registration (1st Dec 2013 – 31st Jan 2014) US $300 US $350 US $650
Standard Registration (1st Feb 2014 – 28th Feb 2014) US $300 US $475 US $775
Late Registration ( 1st Mar 2013 – 15th Apr 2014) US $300 US $650 US $950
How to become an FRM®?
Following criteria needs to be fulfilled to become an FRM:
· Clear FRM® Part 1 and Part 2 exams
· Have two or more years of full-time work experience in financial risk management which should be achieved within 5 years from the date of passing the exam.
· Adhere to GARP's Code of Conduct and Candidate Responsibility Statement
How much time does it take to complete the FRM® program?
· Completing the FRM® program (Part 1 & 2) usually takes a minimum of 1 year. Once you pass the FRM® Part 1 exam, within 4 years you need to pass the FRM® Part 2 exam
· What are the eligibility requirements to appear for the FRM® Part 1 exam?
· There is no professional or education eligibility requirement for registering for FRM exam.
· FRM Exam Part 1 Content
· FRM Part 1 exam covers the fundamental tools and techniques used in risk management and the theories that underlie their use.
Specific areas of coverage and their weighting in the FRM Part 1 exam are:
Foundations of Risk Management (20%): This area focuses on a candidate’s knowledge of foundational concepts of risk management and how risk management can add value to an organization
Quantitative Analysis (20%): This area tests a candidate’s knowledge of basic probability and statistics, regression and time series analysis, and various quantitative techniques useful in risk management
Financial Markets and Products (30%): This area tests the candidate’s knowledge of financial products and the markets in which they trade
Valuation and Risk Models (30%): This area will test a candidate’s knowledge of valuation techniques and risk models.
FRM Part 1 exam is governed by GARP. Training is not mandatory but advisable. FRM Part 1 exam is a 4 hour exam consisting 100 multiple choice questions.
· 23 Hrs of High Quality e-Learning access
· 6 FRM Part 1 Simulation Exams
· 1000+ Practice Questions
· Chapter end quizzes ( Knowledge check)
· Downloadable eBook
· GARP Exam Preparation Provider
· Courseware Approved by GARP
· Free Access to 90 days Financial calculator course
· Course Completion Certificate